Latest Posts

OOTD: Casual Baby Shower! December 7th, 2014

By 2:55 AM , , , , , , , ,

Hey ya'll!
Last week one of my lifelong friends had a baby shower.  She is expecting her first child, a (sure to be beautiful) baby girl, who will be named Aubrey, this month.  
Despite having some stress-related sickness lately, I had to go.  How could I miss the first baby shower in my lifelong group of friends?!  There was no question. Since I wasn't feeling my best, my outfit wasn't the fanciest, but I still got it together enough to celebrate the joyous occasion.  I think my look is definitely comfortable, but still fashionable and not lazy.

The top that I wore was a longsleeve Piko top.  It isn't the tunic style, but it still falls long enough on me that I can wear it with tights.  The image above is from a boutique called The Rage (a personal favorite of mine) - they no longer carry the peach color, but still have plenty of others available.  Many boutiques carry Piko tops in many colors, sizes, and other variations.  The long sleeve Piko tops sell for around $32.00.
Regarding bottoms, I went with opaque black leggings.  Nothing fancy there - all comfort.
Image from Nashville Lifestyles
The shoes that I wore are the Matt Bernson booties I wrote about last week - definitely still loving that purchase!
I couldn't find the original source of this image.  If it is yours, let me know!
I wore a maroon statement necklace that I originally bought from Eve Marie's.  They no longer sell it on their website, and any attempts to find it online didn't pan out.  I did, however, find some look alikes that will go great if you are looking to match this style - such as this one from Filly Flair Boutique, or this one from Totally Collegiate. 
I used my Conair U-Curl to curl my hair, and went with a center part with my bangs french braided on either side.  It was a quick, no-fuss hairdo that I wouldn't be messing with all day. 
I know this isn't exactly a fancy OOTD that you'll want to go recreate immediately, but I think it shows that you can still put together a nice outfit even when you're not feeling your best, if the event is important enough. 
Just a day or so after starting this post, I found out that she is having her daughter on Monday, the 15th (today)!  By the time this is posted, her beautiful daughter will already be here.  Everyone please keep my friend in your thoughts as she adjusts to the undoubtedly exciting world of motherhood. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments