Latest Posts

My Desk Area

By 11:57 PM , , , , , , ,

Good evening ya'll!


This will be a short post, but I just wanted to share with ya'll a part of my home I am rearranging.
The front window corner in my living room has been a difficult spot to use, always.  With our first roommate, we had a couch diagonal to it with a makeshift table behind it.  In December both years, I have put our Christmas tree there.  Since our old roommate moved out, The Boyfriend and I tried to make a desk I own work in the space.  None of it felt quite right.
Tonight, The Boyfriend and I had Christmas at his family's.  Once we got home, I want in a cleaning mood, which quickly turned into a redecorating mood.  I took down our tree, cleaned up the corner, and we brainstormed.  I think that we found the perfect set up, only after nearly 2 years of living in the home!
This is the same desk we were trying to make work, only with the hutch removed, and moved in front of the window.  Our husky likes to lie down in front of the window and look outside, so we made sure to leave him a little room.  The desktop belongs to The Boyfriend, and I moved a floorlamp from beside our sectional to the corner by the window.  Below the desk is a small wire bookshelf with my printer, and a wooden crate, re purposed to hold miscellaneous items. The globe is actually something I recieved just today, from The Boyfriend's parents for Christmas.  It was made to go there!
I'll do a longer, more in-depth post about our whole living room soon.  For now, I'm just proud of the work I've done in an evening and had to share!

You Might Also Like

0 comments