Latest Posts

I have an amazing hairdresser.

By 7:27 AM , ,






I think having an amazing hairdresser is one of the most important beauty indulgences a girl can let herself have.
I have gone to the same hairdresser for nearly 4 years now.  Not counting when I was a kid and couldn't make hair decisions for myself, and not counting when I've deliberately decided to do something undeniably unhealthy to my hair and not wanted her to see it - this is the longest hairdresser relationship I've had. 
I've done some horrible things to my hair. Bleached blonde, extensions, dyed 3 times in a week..  The list could go on and on.  But under the care of my amazing hairdresser, my hair has gone from fragile and breaking off to thick, long(ish?) and might I even say - healthy? 
 
 





My current hairstyle is inspired by the mid 2008 look of Jamie Lynn Spears.  I tried several times in the past (with several different hairdressers) to get the look, and it never came out quite right.
 
I've always loved the subtle blonde and brown mixture - not the skunk look, but more than just some highlights here and some lowlights there.  But getting the look was quite a journey.  So many hairdressers thought all it took was full brown on bottom, full blonde on top. That's it, right? Welllll, not quite.
My current hairdresser is one of my biggest inspirations to get my license in cosmetology.  She genuinely loves her job and cares about the outcome of her clients' hair.  I can't recall a time when I have left the salon where she works unsatisfied with her work...  And trust me, I have left other salons in tears before.  Not my proudest moments exactly.
So the fact that I've been to nearly ever salon in my hometown and my current city, and keep returning to her, is saying a lot.  I think that once you find a hairdresser who knows what you like and not only gives you that, but also takes care of your hair health-wise, stick with them.
 
So what do y'all think?  Do you just pick and choose different places when it's time for a trim and dye, or do you have a specific amazing hairdresser?
 
 




 
(some of my past hues...  Some by me, some by miscellaneous professionals)



You Might Also Like

0 comments