Latest Posts

Beauty Review: Hot Tools 3 Barrel Waver

By 7:00 AM , , , , , , ,



Hey ya'll!
 
I bought a new goodie today and just had to review it for all of you.
It's the Hot Tools 3 Barrel Waver!
 


 
 
I got it at Trade Secret(for $29.99) in my local mall this afternoon, as a birthday present to myself. :) 
At first I was skeptical, it looked very reminiscnet of those late 80's early 90's crimpers - and while I was either not alive or just a baby in those times, I've seen pictures...  Not the style I would want to end up with!
 
 
WHAT IT IS
It is a hot hair tool designed for creating waves, not curls, in the hair.  It looks like two 3/4 inch clamp-less curling irons on one side, with a giant "clamp" that looks like three 3/4 inch waves going through the two barrels.  It sounds complicated, but using it is surprisingly easy!  There is a good deal of overlapping involved - you start at the top of your hair at your scalp, and much like crimping, work your way down your hair using 2 inch sections.  It took me less time that straightening my hair! It leaves you with beachy waves that you can either hairspray in or tousle and brush out a little bit.

PROS
- gives you the perfect waves without the 'spirals' that can appear when waving your hair with a curling iron
- the overlapping needed as you go down your hair is very forgiving; it helps create some diversity in the waves 
- VERY hot! Does not show the actual degrees, but feels about the same as my Chi.
- many different settings - the instruction guide also suggests the different settings recommended for your type of hair.

CONS
- My first "con" I was going to add was that it did not include a heat resistant glove, and I was worried about the safety of my fragile fingers.  But I did not burn my fingers once! However...
- EARS.  You have to be EXTRA careful around you ears! I burned both of mine several times.
- Back of head - since you have to start at the scalp, getting the waves right on the back of your head can be difficult and take time to learn.

ULTIMATELY...
Ultimately, I adored this waver and plan to use it as often as I can.  It definitely will take some practice, but if you like the look as much as I do, then it is a great buy!

 
 
BEFORE
 


 
 
 
AFTER
 


 
 
 
★★★★★!
So what do ya'll think?  Drop me a comment and let me know, or suggest another beauty tool you'd like to see me review!



You Might Also Like

0 comments