Latest Posts

Post-Christmas Holiday Haul

By 9:55 AM , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Good morning ya'll!
It is a Christmas tradition that the day after Christmas, my sister and I go shopping.  I know it sounds a little silly, especially considering our parents are still so generous and gift us so many things, but hey, tradition is tradition(that's how I justify it)!
So this year I picked up a few goodies that I thought I would share with ya'll.

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Image from Amazon
I can already tell ya'll, I love this top coat.  It goes on so smoothly and evenly, and dries so fast - the shine it leaves really does look professional!

Beauty Secrets Moisturizing Base Coat
Image from Sally's website
I've tried this once or twice, and I'm not so sure how I feel about it yet.  It is a nice product, it dries fairly fast, but it feels very "liquid" like going on, and almost floods to my cuticles extremely easily.  So far those are my only complaints, though, and it does get the job done!

Nina Ultra Pro Base Coat/ Ridge Filler

Image from Pinterest
This is another one that I'm not so sure on yet.  My thumb nails tend to have ridges, so I thought this would be a lifesaver - however, (and I've only used it once, so don't take this as my solid opinion just yet!) so far I've found it to go on streaky, uneven, and it is extremely opaque.  I'll try it out a little more though, before I give up on it!

Tropical Shine Mini 4-Way Buffer

Image from tropicalshine.com
I am loving this buffer.  My adorable husky recently decided my old one made a good chew toy, so I picked this one up as a quick replacement.  One thing I learned pretty quickly, however, was that the blue side is NOT meant for the top of your nails - out of habit, I was used to using all 4 sides of my buffer on the tops of my nails.  That is not so with this one!  The blue side is meant to file the tips.  Ouch! My nails were definitely sore the next day, and soon enough, I found out why.  Other than that mishap, it has worked great and I love the shine it gives!


Nina Ultra Pro Salon Formula Nail Lacquer in "Glamping"

Image from Pinterest
The polish is much more of a rose/pink color than this image suggests, but it was the clearest image I could find online.  I used this glittery, pink polish for my new years pedicure, but I was a little disappointed at how many coats it took to make it a solid glitter.  I probably have about 4 or 5 coats on!  The color and shine is very nice, though.

MAC Powder Blush in Blunt

Image from Bridgette's Boutique website
This is one that I have recently discussed in an article!  I bought this blush for contouring, and I couldn't be happier.  I will be doing a highlighting/contouring tutorial soon, and I'll go into more detail on it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments