Latest Posts

Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015!

By 5:15 PM , , , , , , , ,

Good evening ya'll!
Happy New Year!  
My New Years Eve wasn't too exciting.  I worked that morning, rested throughout the day, had a nice dinner with my family (since my sister is still in town for a few more days!) and then had a few beers with The Boyfriend and a friend of ours.  I did manage to dress up a little for the dinner, though!
One final duck face of 2014. I'll try to leave them in 2014, I promise.

OOTD

Ignore the non-prepped, seriously mess room please. Thanks!
I wore a white blouse with a champagne colored blazer, with dark skinny jeans and black boots.  Jewelry-wise, I wore my new CP bracelet, a Yurman-inspired  silver and gold bracelet and matching earrings from the boutique Material Girls, 2 dainty silver rings, and my new silver necklace a coworker got me for Christmas.  My hair was curled with my U-Curl wand and bangs were french braided back!
Top:  Similar, $22.95
Blazer:  Similar, $32.90
Jeans:  Similar, $115.00
Boots:  Wild Horses Riding Boots, $62.00
Earrings:  Couldn't find the inspired pair I own online, but you can purchase real Yurman for here for $850.00
Necklace:  It was a gift and I would feel rude if I looked up pricing for a similar one.  However, it is a dainty, silver sideways heart necklace if you are interested in searching. :)
Bracelet: Inspired for $25.00, real for $395.00
CP Bracelet:  Large size, tangerine in antiqued silver, $120.00
Rings: Similar, $30.00

FOTD

Urban Decay Naked BB Cream (as primer) $34.00
Ultraflesh Concealer in Subdued $24.90
Ultraflesh Tinted Moisturizer in Luminous $15.99
MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in Medium Dark $26.00
MAC Powder Blush in Blunt (to contour) $22.00
MAC Powder Blush in Style $22.00
Temptu Pro Highlighter in Pink Pearl $27.50
Naked III Palette ($54.00), with "Bootycall" to highlight inner corners and browbone from Naked II Palette ($54.00)
L'Oreal Lineur Intense Eyeliner in Black $8.99
MAC Eyebrows in Lingering $16.00
Sephora Glam Lashes $10.00
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara $23.00
Here is also a better shot of my eye makeup, which was the focus of this look:

I also was pretty excited to try out the MAC blush "Blunt", because I  have just recently bought it.  For anyone unfamiliar with the shade, this is what it looks like:

Image from Poshmark
... Also, let me kindly remind you that I am a not-so-tan (at the moment) white girl.  I was a little scared it would be too dark on me (okay, very scared - MAC is well known for how pigmented it's products are!) but my friend at the counter swore it would be the best.  Well, obviously the MAC pros struck again, because it looks GREAT! I would recommend it to anyone.  Here is another view, to show how well it contours without being overdone:

2014 was a pretty good year for the most part, but I'm definitely excited for 2015 and what all it has in store.  Some of my major goals for this year are:
1.  Get my Bachelors Degree from USM
2.  Apply for and acquire my real estate agent's license
3.  Sell my first house
4.  Live a healthier lifestyle (this actually started in 2014, but towards the end of the year I've been sick on and off, so I haven't stuck to it as well as I'd like)

If you have any goals to share, drop me a comment and let me know!

You Might Also Like

0 comments