Latest Posts

FOTD: July 28, 2013!

By 5:00 AM , , , , , , , , ,


Hey ya'll!
This FOTD was a simple, daily look that I use often whether it's going to classes or work.  It's not "light" by any means, but I still feel as though it gives a natural look at doesn't look too made up for daytime.
As always, start out with a clean, moisturized face for the best results!
FACE
For a primer, I'm using a pea-sized amount of Sephora Professional Perfecting Foundation Base ($15), applied just with my fingertips.
The foundation I am wearing is MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC40 ($27), applied by stippling with a Sephora Professional Airbrush (number 55) brush all over my face.
I normally don't wear a powder(I have naturally dry skin), but recently bought Ultraflesh's Ninja Star Compact in the shade "Radient", and it works well on my face without drying me out.  Unfortunately Sephora no longer carries it!
I contoured underneath my cheekbones, on my temples, the sides of my nose, and around my face with Maybelline FIT me in 355 ($7.99) with a Sonya Kashuk stippling brush.
I then applied MAC powder blush in the shade "Style" ($21) on the apples of my cheeks and blended up towards my temples, with just a Sephora blush brush.
For a highlighter, I recently bought Ultaflesh's Shinebox set - which I will review later! It's no longer available online, but you can do a quick search for it on amazon.  I used the shade "anytime".
LIP
I chose to wear a naked lip, just a little Clinique lip gloss with this look.
EYE

You couldn't see the eye very well in the picture above, so here is a better close up!  I have pale, green/grey eyes, so I usually tend to try to play them up, even in day wear.

Here I started with MAC's Orb as a base and brow color all over the lid, with a MAC 275SE brush.
I then used MAC's espresso in my outer V and lightly along the outside half of my bottom eyelid with a duo shadow brush from face secrets from Sally's.
I used the stick highlighter from my Ultraflesh Shinebox kit right below my brow, and blended with my finger.
I filled in my eyebrow with MAC's brow pencil in the shade Lingering.
I lined my upper eyelid with a black liquid liner that I have had so long I'm not even sure what brand it is..  Oops! 
My lower lid is lined with a black eyeshadow from Lancome, applied with a MAC 212SE brush and smudged with a MAC 219.
My mascara..  Just a cheapo from Walgreens these days.  And there you have it!

Maybe my next FOTD will be better ya'll, but it's better than no FOTD at all :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments