Latest Posts

What's in my Bag?

By 3:02 PM , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Hey y'all!

I know I keep saying I'm updating, but life has been really busy these past few months!  I got a wonderful new job as a leasing agent with a company I adore, I'm finishing up the tail end of my Junior year of college, and overall home life has just been busy busy busy.  All in good ways, of course, but I just haven't managed my time very well to leave me much leisure time for blogging - but that's all changing. Spring cleaning my life up a bit!

Sorry for that off topic mess, anyway, I've seen this around and thought I would give it a try! It's the "whats in my bag?" tag! I spilled out the contents of my current bag and went for it.


1.
Tan Satchel Bag

I'm in love with this bag.  I recently got it, and even though it's not my usual go-to style, it's so well organized on the inside.  I'm used to shoulder bags, so having one that I carry in the crook of my elbow is a new adjustment, but it's just so Spring-y!  It's rather large as well and can easily hold my planner (AKA, my life).  The inside has two large open compartments, separated in the middle by a thin, zipping section.  I use the middle section to hold my work and academic supplies, like pens, a pencil, all of my highlighters, sticky notes, etc. (I'll stop before I give away how obsessed I am with organizing. I. am. obsessed.) The back section I use to hold my agenda, and the front section I use to put my daily items - wallet, lip calm, keys, etc.  There are two pockets on the front interior that I use for my phone, iPod, or camera if I'm carrying it.  On the back interior is a zipping pocket that I use for any feminine products, medicines, or items that I just don't want to be seen generally.


2.
Gianni Bernini Wallet

This wallet is equally as fantastic as my purse!  It has a beige interior with plenty of space for all of my cards, multiple pockets for cash, and multiple zipping pockets for change and other miscellaneous items.  There is also room to stick your checkbook in!


3.
Lilly Pulitzer 2013-2014 Agenda

Geez, I could do a post all of it's own on my agenda.  This thing goes with me everywhere.  I am constantly updating it.  It is amazing.  Ya know what, I'll save a lengthy explanation for it, because I will give it a post all of it's own.  It deserves it - if anyone is looking for a great agenda, these are the best.  They go from August of one year, until December of the following year. If you know anything about Lilly, you'll know they are to die for cute, as well.  And they come with stickers!  What's not to love? (Adults can get excited about stickers, right?)


4.
Burts Bee's Lip Balm

This is my favorite lip balm/chap stick to date.  It has a minty feeling to it after you apply, doesn't feel too waxy, and lasts for about an hour or two at least.  


5.
iPhone 4

Okay, okay.  I'm not too up-to-date on the new iPhone 5 and everything now.  But I love my iPhone 4! I got it in May 2012, and it's treated me well so far.  I actually had the choice to get the iPhone 4S at the time of buying it, and declined - I'm not ashamed to say I hate Siri. I just can't understand the logic of people who would rather sit there and audibly TALK to their phone, wait for it to "understand" what they're trying to say (often unsuccessfully for the first few attempts, I might add), then wait for it to load results. I'll just click through and find what I'm looking for myself, thanks!


6.
Juicy Couture's "Viva la Juicy" Travel Size Perfume

I discovered Juicy Couture's "Viva la Juicy" perfume in 2008.  It has been my signature scent ever since.  I cannot even begin to count the number of people who have asked what perfume I wear!  It's a pleasant scent, without being overpowering, and is muted enough to wear day-to-day.  When I'm going out, I tend to use Juicy Couture's original scent, "Juicy Couture",  Juicy Couture's "Viva la Juicy Fleur", or Juicy Couture's "Viva la Juicy Noir".


7.
iPod Nano & Headphones

Again with me being an old granny with old technology.  I got my iPod Nano for Christmas in 2006 and it has been well-loved ever since.  I'm sure I'll upgrade one day, as it can only hold 500 songs at a time, but it usually works out for me just fine.


8.
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Empty Compact

Am I seeming weird yet?  I carry around an empty powder compact.  Intentionally.  And no, it's not just because I'm lazy about cleaning my purse(I am.). I use this compact as a general everyday compact to readjust my makeup, or to help see how my hair is holding out throughout the day, but I also use the floor of the compact as a pallet in the mornings to put some dollops of foundation on, before applying it.  I have never been a fan of using the back of my hand, like most people - I don't like the feeling of makeup on my hands.  It works nice and I even have it with me if I need to reapply!


9.
Prescription Glasses

I'm pretty near-sighted.  These are pretty self-explanatory, but I don't wear them near (ha-ha) as often as I should.  Maybe keeping them in my pretty bag will help? Doubt it.


10.
Sunglasses

Last but not least, my big ol' bug eyed sunglasses.  Maybe I'm stuck in the 2000's era, but huge sunglasses will never go out of style to me. I love them, will always love them, until my children beg me to take them off because I'm embarrassing them. Just kidding. I won't take them off.






You Might Also Like

0 comments